Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to all of your questions
What is Stupid Easy?
Stupid Easy is a new online learning platform where learning is made simple!
Community members can either take an online course or even better, they can create their very own course. We make it easy for anyone, tech savvy or not, to be able to take and create online courses. We are a growing community full of amazing people who want to teach and learn.
Define a student and a teacher?
These are general terms that we use to help define who our community members are:
A student is someone who takes a course and simply wants to learn something new!
A teacher (paid member) is someone who wants to create a course and share their knowledge.
What makes Stupid Easy different?
The 5-Minute rule: Cuts out all the “fluff” and “extras” in an online course and keeps everyone on point with just the right information they need in order to move forward. Each video has to be 5-minutes or less. We want everyone to get that quick win!
Community: We built Stupid Easy with the user (our community members) in mind. It’s not just about selling an online course here. It’s about sharing what you know and helping others.
Charity: Along with community, giving back is on the top of our list. You see, we figured why should we take a portion of your sales when we can just take a portion of ours and donate it to charity. By doing this it makes us all feel good right?
Easy course builder: It was clear that building courses on other platforms were not “stupid easy” which makes it difficult for people (even those who are tech savvy) to create an online course.
So we made it easy by having everything you need in one easy to use builder. The best part is, you can even create a course on your phone through your web browser – no app required!
What if I'm not good with technology?
Well, you’re in luck because you found the right platform! The whole reason Stupid Easy was created was to make course creation “stupid easy.”
We wanted to be the first to really allow teachers (not just an educator, but the average person) and students to teach what they know without technology being the barrier. Our easy to use course builder makes this all possible, no matter what your tech level is and no matter what device you’re using.
Become a teacher today and start creating your next online course!
Do you offer a free trial?
How do I become a teacher?
We are so excited that you want to join the community! You can click on Become a teacher to get started.
As a teacher, how do I get paid for my courses?
When creating your course you have the option to either:
- Host your course on StupidEasy.com: If you host your course here on Stupid Easy then you will keep all your sales minus processing fees – we can’t get away from the credit card processing fees unfortunately. Once a course sells, we keep the processing fees, and then you will receive the rest as a commission sale. You can withdrawal after the $10 minimum is reached.
- Host your course elsewhere: If you have your course on say your website and you just want to market your course through StupidEasy.com you can do that by simply providing an external link. When you create a new course here on Stupid Easy, towards the bottom of your outline you will see “External link buy course.” Then you handle all your payments and fee with whatever 3rd party you are using.
Any restrictions on what my course can have?
Stupid Easy is an online learning platform for people of all ages which is why we ask that you be respectful of the kind of material you put in your course.
Courses will go through an approval process which is mostly looking to make sure lesson videos are 5-minutes or less.
Please keep in mind:
- Teachers should only create courses on topics they are familiar with and have the rights to distribute any and all content within the course that they provide to Stupid Easy
- All courses submitted to Stupid Easy must not violate or infringe upon the intellectual property of others
- You can not promote illegal behavior, contain explicit content or be considered inappropriate in any way
Do I need to sign up for a Pay Pal account?
You don’t need a PayPal account to sign up and become a teacher but in order to receive any payouts for your paid courses, you will need a PayPal account.
Why a 5-minute rule for videos?
The average attention span is 8.4 seconds which knowing that makes sense why so many people will buy an online course but won’t finish it. Think about when you watch a video online, say on Facebook, how long (on average) are you really watching it before leaving? That’s why 2-5 minutes max is recommended for online videos on social media.
Think about when you watch a video online, say on Facebook, how long (on average) are you really watching it before leaving? That’s why 2-5 minutes max is recommended for online videos on social media.
Plus, most online courses are jam-packed with all this extra content which in theory sounds nice, but we don’t have time for all of that. That’s why we made the 5-Minute rule a requirement to get your course approved so that each lesson video is 5-minutes or less.
One lesson, one topic, one solution, next lesson.
This will not only make the teacher’s job easier in creating highly effective content, it will also make the students happier because they can actually make it through a whole course – implementing what they learned along the way! Remember, we all want that quick win!
What charities do you donate to?
We take a portion of our sales – our monthly and annual teacher memberships – and donate it to a 501(c)3 charity. We plan to rotate charities over time but to start we will be donating to:
- Crisis Text Line – Crisis Text Line is free, 24/7 support for those in a crisis. Text 741741 from anywhere in the USA to be connected with a trained Crisis Counselor
How do I find out more about guest blogging/speaking opportunities?
You can simply fill out the form here
Why wouldn't I just build something on my own website?
You certainly can and if you know how we encourage you to do so. Stupid Easy just makes it easier for those looking to just build or take an online course without having to fuse with all the tech stuff.
We make it really easy and affordable to create, share, and sell your online course.