Effective May 21, 2018
By using the Site, you agree that the purpose of the Site is to function as an educational platform. Through your use of the Site you may be able to access and interact with informational materials and other community members. Any content uploaded by you to the Site constitutes the “User Content.” By using the Site, the Site will store a copy of your content. Additionally, any User Content that you share publicly or upload to third party programs can be viewed by other users, included in search results, or shared consistent with the Site’s policies.
The Site collects various types of information through your use of the Site. Each type is outlined below.
Information that You Provide Directly to the Site:
- This may include your name, username, password, email address, billing address, payment information, and phone number that are requested to subscribe to the Site or provide you with information or products that you request from the Site.
- All User Content that you enter into the Site, including profile information and comments.
- Any communications between you and the Site administrators such as for technical support, security notices, or notices of changes to the Site. You cannot opt-out of Site-related emails.
- From time to time, the Site may use third-party analytics tools to collect data about trends in traffic and visitors’ usage of the Site. The information gathered by these third parties is anonymized and aggregated and will not be traceable back to you individually.
- The Site may collect information about your activity on the Site including data and statistics about how you use the Site and how you interact with Site’s features. This information will be aggregated and used to help improve the Site, and will not be traceable back to you individually.
- The Site collects information about the content you provide including any metadata associated with the content you upload and how that content is used within the Site.
- When you access the Site, we may gather device-specific information such as the type of device being used, the operating system and version, the browser being used, the language, the wireless network or mobile network information, phone number, or other unique device identifiers.
- We may collect information about your location including city, state, and country when you access the Site with your consent through methods like GPS, cellular towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other wireless network information.
Cookies and Other Technologies
- We may place and access certain first party cookies on your computer, browser, or device. First party cookies are placed directly by Us and only used by use to facilitate your experience on Our Site and to improve your user experiences, our services, and products.
- By using our Site, certain third-party cookies may also be placed on your computer, browser, or device. These cookies are used by other websites, services, or party other than Us for purposes such as analytics and advertising.
Log File Information
- Log file information is data that is generated and retained each time you use the Site. This includes details like when you access the Site, your IP address, what device you are using, how you use the Site, pages and you view, and crash reports.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
All information collected through your use of the Site is to provide you with the services, products or information you have requested and to improve the Site and its service. We may use this information to: develop and improve our product; fix security issues; remove bugs; monitor usage; identify trends; personalize services for your account; improve our advertising content; verify your identity; and enforce our usage policies. While this list is not exhaustive, it is representative.
Additionally, we may use your information in conjunction with third party software or service providers, including software as a service (SaaS) platforms for the purposes of providing you with the requested products, services or information. Examples include sending you an email newsletter you requested through a third-party email service, making an appointment through Our scheduling platform, or processing your payment through our payment processor.
For European visitors subject to GDPR, we will ensure that your data is processed lawfully under the GDPR rules. Specifically, we will only process your personal data under the following conditions:
- You have provided consent to the processing of your data for a specific purpose;
- Processing of your data is necessary to provide you with the requested product, service, or information you requested;
- Processing of your data is necessary to the performance of a contract you have entered into with Us or necessary to take requested steps prior to entering into a contract;
- Processing is necessary for Us to comply with a legal obligation;
- Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or another person;
- With your permission or where permitted by law, We may use your data for marketing purposes; however, We will not send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will ensure that any advertisement comply with Our legal obligations under the GDPR and other relevant laws.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS SHARED
We will never sell or lease your information to third parties. However, there are some instances where we share your information. These include:
- Sharing your public profile information and User Content with other users of the Site;
- Sharing any information you have expressly authorized us to share;
- Sharing content you post to the extent of your User Content privacy settings;
- Any public information you post or create using the Site may also be shared with the public or our business partners.
There are also instances when we may share information gathered from you in aggregate form with other data, in which case it will not be identifiable to you. Situations, where this information may be shared, include:
- With third-party service providers we engage to help analyze our performance and improve our services;
- With potential advertisers to demonstrate our demographics.
We may also be required to share your information for legal reasons if the disclosure is necessary to:
- Comply with the applicable law, a government request, or legal proceedings;
- Investigating or enforcing any violations of the Site’s usage policies;
- Protecting our rights and those of other users.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS STORED
Your information will be stored in the United States or in any other country where the Site maintains servers. For European visitors, although your data may be stored or transferred outside of the European Economic Area, We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your data is protected in compliance with the GDPR. We use all commercially reasonable methods to secure your information obtained through this Site and take all reasonable steps to verify your identity before providing access to your account. However, there is always a potential risk of inadvertent disclosure when transmitting information over the Internet and you agree to hold the Site harmless for any such disclosures or interference.
Additionally, We will only retain your data for as long as needed to describe the above services or for as long as We have your permission to keep it. We review our records on an annual basis to determine whether we need to keep your data. If you are no longer utilizing our services or if we no longer need your data, your data will be deleted.
ACCESSING YOUR DATA
You may legally request a copy of any of your personal data held by Us where such data is held. Please contact the data processing agent to fulfill this request.
When you register for Our Site or submit your information through Our Site, you may be given option to restrict Our use of your data, including the ability to choose whether or not you receive emails and the ability to unsubscribe at any time.
You may limit our collection of information about your use of the Site in the following ways:
- Disabling cookies on your browser
- Unsubscribing from e-mail communications
RIGHT TO WITHHOLD OR WITHDRAW INFORMATION
Certain areas of our Site may be accessed without providing any information; however, you may be required to submit certain information or allow for the collection of certain data to use all of the features and functions available on Our Site.
You may withdraw your consent provided to Us to use your personal data at any time by contacting the data processing agent listed in the Contact section below. Upon notice, we will delete your information from our system and you acknowledge that this may limit Our ability to provide you with the best possible products and services.
SUMMARY OF YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE GDPR
For European visitors, under the GDPR you have the following rights:
- Right to request access to, correction of, or deletion of your personal data held by Us;
- Right to o complain to supervisory authority;
- Right to be informed about how your data is processed and used;
- Right to restrict processing of your data;
- Right to data portability;
- Right to Object to the processing of your personal data.
This Site is not intended for or directed at anyone under the age of thirteen (13) and this Site does not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of thirteen (13).